Huur Gaat Voor Koop – 5 critical questions answered
What exactly is ‘Huur Gaat Voor Koop’? How do you protect your property investment and specifically your Offer to Purchase documents or your Lease Agreements … and what happens to the deposit?
Peter Mennen, Head of Legal at TPN, covers the protective measures that you can put in place and the 5 most critical questions asked on ‘Huur Gaat Voor Koop’ in TPN Legal Training:
- What does ‘Huur Gaat Voor Koop’ mean?
- Does ‘Huur Gaat Voor Koop’ impact the terms and conditions of a lease agreement?
- What happens to the deposit on transfer of the property?
- What are the seller and buyer’s rights when the principle is applied?
- Are there lease termination rights available to the owner?
Watch the video here:
Vacancy Survey 2023 Q3
The demand for residential rental property remains strong. Vacancies have declined nationally to 6.76% in the third quarter of 2023, the lowest since 2017. Despite a constrained economy, tenants have continued to meet their rental obligations with te…